Monday, April 18, 2011

Something I Covet

Years ago when Jürgen and I first started dating we spent a summers afternoon enjoying the always reliable Art Institute of Chicago. An exhibit which caught my eye and has stayed with me was On the Beach by Richard Misrach. A series of aerial photographs of oceans and beaches around the world. Ever since then I have been dying to get my hands on one of his prints.


Isn't that stunning? It looks like a painting it's so gorgeous.


This one is great too...with the subjects feet peeking above the water.

I would die to have a print like this hanging above my bed. Something about the calm blue water feels fitting for bedside art.  I feel relaxed just looking at these images.

Sadly, it seems as though you cannot order prints from this collection. I have searched, but to no avail. I have also tried to find comprable looking images on sites such as art.com, but nothing seems to move me like these photos.

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment