Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Heart is Heavy...

New York...REALLY? I just moved here and now you slap me in the face with your injustice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/03/nyregion/03marriage.html?_r=1&ref=politics

You can read the article there, but I cannot tell you how much it upsets me that we even have to argue about the issue of marriage equality.  Whatever happened to "with liberty, and justice, for ALL" or the whole "we hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created EQUAL."

I hold onto hope in my heart that someday my children will read about this time in history and think we were fools for dragging our feet about this.  The time will come...until then we must have hope. 

                                                    "Hope will never be silent"
                                                                     -Harvey Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment