Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spring(ish) Cleaning

Hi Friends!

I recently had an itch to freshen things up around here. Not sure where it came from but I have the urge to scratch. I have been playing around with Blogger's settings and realizing that I am pretty illiterate when it comes to computers, but I shall continue to futz with some settings and layouts. Things have been starting to feel a bit stale and I could use some spice in my life. The blog seems like a nice place to start.

Today I am in a bad mood. Some will roll their eyes when I admit why, but I must stand behind my feelings. I am pissed off that Edward Lee was eliminated from Top Chef last night. Sure, roll your eyes, but no one rolled their eyes at the Patriots fans when their team didn't win the Super Bowl. Some cheer on players, I cheer on Chef's. It's just how I like to do things.

As a Louisvillain I couldn't help but root for Mr. Lee, and I just don't think he was treated fairly. I won't rant and rave too much because if you aren't a fan of Top Chef it won't mean much to you, but it's not often that the Louisville food scene is recognized on a national level. We were robbed!

However, I have had the pleasure of eating at Edward Lee's restaurant and I have a picture to prove it.  Please ignore how terrible I look.



Ed, I tip my hat to you! You wore fabulous T's, had some of the best one liners of the season and, most of all, made incredible food.  I will be back to 610 Magnolia, you can count on that.

In other news, despite reports to the contrary, Chicago has had a stupidly mild winter thus far. Certainly the mere typing of that sentence will reverse weather patterns and I will regret ever having thought it. But seriously it's been so easy.

My sister-in-law texted me today asking how things were going and I replied "Things are fine...pretty boring to be honest." To which she responded "Haha you always say boring."

It's true though. I am pretty bored. I shouldn't complain because I am healthy and all, but I am sort of wondering "what's next?"  I spend lots of time sitting in front of a computer at work, and while I am starting to go on more auditions I just sort of wonder what I am supposed to be doing with my life. I feel a tad directionless and it's unnerving.  I still want to perform but I am not filled with the verve and vigor I once was. I find myself spending hours thinking about what kind of window treatments I would like for my living room and I  think "what is happening to me?!?!"  I am hoping to regain some focus in the weeks and months to come.

Well, this isn't the most exciting blog post I have ever written, but I just wanted to give ya'll a quick check in. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. One word of advice to combat boredom....Volunteer!!! I have found people to be much happier when they are giving to others in some way and less focused on themselves! You have always been one to step up and help others- perhaps you need to find a new cause- maybe help at an animal shelter- go to a nursing home and visit with the residents- help at a food pantry or soup kitchen- work on a political campaign {:)} there is much to give and to gain in the process! So glad you are back blogging again! Love you- momma

    ReplyDelete