Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thoughtful Thursdays

It's a quiet night on the homefront. Just me, a glass of wine and two kitties. Here are some thoughts I would like to share.




1) I am a tad confused as to why this was the panel chosen to testify on women's health considering the somewhat obvious fact that NONE OF THEM ARE WOMEN?!? If we want less abortions in this country should we really be questioning women's ability to receive contraceptives? The stupidity confounds me.


2) On a happier and less oppressive note, Chicago is such a pretty city. I snapped this photo really quickly but it just made my heart swell. Even after ten and half years I still find myself thinking "I live here?"

3) I was excited to receive two pairs of these delightfully colored jeans from Old Navy today, only to try them on and not even be able to button them. It was....humbling?....to say the least.

4) You should read this article right away. It's so lovely.


5)  Is there a picture more wonderful than this? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. The photo of the men in Congress testifying is the same used in today's editorial in the Courier- they make the exact point you do! And 2 days ahead of them! Perhaps you should consider a side career in journalism!!!

    ReplyDelete