Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Babysitting Machine: Part 2

As previously stated I was babysitting until 1am this morning, and I just returned from another stint this evening and will go at it again tomorrow night. I am a well oiled dinner making, teeth brushing, iCarly watching, diaper changing, book reading machine. And it's all in name of love.


I love this china cabinet.

Oh and children! I love children too....

But seriously, let's get back to the task at hand. Isn't she lovely? I have eyed her for years and I decided this was the year she would be mine. Every cent from every babysitting gig I get is going towards the prize. It will be a slow climb, but in the end it will be oh so worth it.

It's almost as though I have reverted back to high school, except in high school I would have been saving up for a new pair of Doc Martins or something, now I dream about furniture. This would be another example of: you know you are becoming an adult when...


Now might be a good time for me to admit a rather painful truth about myself: I have never actually saved up for anything in my life. I know, I can feel your judgement radiating through the computer screen, but in an effort to be totally transparent I just want to put that out there. If I ever wanted something I usually asked for it for a birthday or Christmas. Or I would put it on a credit card when I couldn't actually afford it and then pay it back (with interest, of course) over time. This is not a fact I am proud to admit, but we all have the capacity to change if we put our minds to it. My mistakes of my past don't have to dictate the actions of my future.

I am currently about a third of the way to my goal and while I would love to have this gorgeous piece of craftsmanship in my home now, I am willing to wait, because I know the reward will be that much sweeter in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment